The Zion Difference
Why Zion Lutheran School?
Parents choose Zion Lutheran School for their children for a variety of reasons. We believe that our inclusive, close-knit, family atmosphere sets us apart from other schools in the community.
The following is our top 10 list of what parents describe as the Zion Lutheran School Difference:
1. Christ-Centered Education – At the heart of a Zion education is a solid foundation in Christ, which is integrated throughout every class, sport, performance or activity.
2. Small Class Sizes – Studies have shown that as class size is reduced, academic achievement increases. At Zion, we pride ourselves in providing small class sizes, allowing for our teachers to provide individual attention essential to the development of a well-rounded student.
3. Family Feel – Students at Zion become part of a close-knit family that is focused on each individual student. Students begin to think of us as their home away from home.
4. Technology - Within each class, technology is introduced and integrated, allowing for all students to develop a firm understanding of technology and prepare them for life in this technologically advance world.
5. Challenging Academics – At Zion, we take our academics seriously by providing students with a challenging education that prepares them for high school, college, and life.
6. Comprehensive Education – Beginning in preschool, and culminating in 8th grade, students can experience Zion education, enabling us to cultivate an environment were everyone feels like part of one big family.
7. Passionate Faculty – Not only are our faculty passionate about their faith, they are committed to instilling a love for learning in the classroom and engaging students in the pursuit of knowledge and truth.
8. Competitive Athletics – Through our competitive athletic programs, students of all levels can play and participate. Zion offers athletic opportunities through our interscholastic association as well as partnering with surrounding schools and Mayer Lutheran High School to provide a wide array of athletic options.
9. Creative Arts – Students are challenged to enhance their artistic and musical abilities through classes and programs in choir and band as well as the opportunity to take part in multiple plays and programs throughout the year.
10. Legacy – Founded in 1873, Zion has remained committed to its mission of "Feed My Lambs" through the teaching of the Christian faith and guidance in the Christian life for personal growth and development. We are blessed to see generation after generation families pass through our doors and that legacy is one we strive to continue with each passing year.
So what are you waiting for? It’s time for you to take the next step and enroll at Zion Lutheran School.